The Redland Pentecostal Holiness Church was organized on January 21, 1945 as a result of a tent meeting held on Redland Road in late 1944. Prior to having a church building, the 10 charter members worshipped in a brush arbor during the summer months and in different homes throughout the winter. What started out as a brush arbor meeting has continued to grow as the vision to reach people with the love of Jesus has remained constant.
One acre of land off Highway 158 facing Baltimore Road was purchased in October 1945 and construction began the same year. The congregation moved into the completed sanctuary affectionally known as the “white church on the hill” on the first Sunday in May 1948.
Over the years God’s provision of pastors and people to Redland Church allowed us to provide ministry to Davie county and the surrounding region. As a result, we grew to the point of having two Sunday morning worship services at capacity. Because of this continued growth, we outgrew our building in 2015! In May of that same year, we broke ground for our new worship center so that all our people could worship together.
On Sunday, October 23, 2016 we had our first service in our new worship center at the corner of Baltimore Road and Highway 158. God’s continual faithfulness allows us to minister to the people of the Piedmont Triad reaching #one more for Jesus Christ. Come worship and grow with us!